By: Elizabeth Padilla
Five Nights at Freddy’s
- Five Nights at Freddy’s is a series of point-and-click horror games for PC and mobile made by independent game developer, Scott Cawthon. The Five Nights at Freddy’s series consists of horror-themed video games, where the player takes on the role of a night-time employee at a fictional children’s-oriented restaurant like Chuck E. Cheese’s. The player must survive working the night shift against animatronic characters that become alive and homicidal after midnight.
The Evil Within
- The Evil Within is a third-person survival horror video game developed by Tango Gameworks and published by Bethesda Softworks. The game was directed by the Resident Evil series creator, Shinji Mikami, and was released worldwide on October 2014. The game is centered on protagonist Sebastian Castellanos, as he is pulled through a distorted world full of nightmarish locations and horrid creatures. Players will be facing disfigured nightmare-like enemies, using guns and melee weapons while they progress through the levels, avoiding traps, using stealth, and finding collectables.
- Until Dawn is a horror adventure video game developed by Supermassive Games and published by Sony Computer Entertainment. Set in Western Canada, Until Dawn centers around a group of eight teenagers who decide to stay for a night in a cabin on the fictional Blackwood Mountain, exactly one year after the disappearance of the twin sisters of a member of their group. Shortly after arriving, the gang find themselves under attack by a madman and must attempt to survive until sunrise. Throughout the adventure, players alternate between all eight characters, making critical decisions as the story advances which drastically affects the game’s outcome, leading to hundreds of different scenarios.
- Dying Light is an open world first person survival horror action-adventure video game developed by Techland and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. The game revolves around an undercover agent named Kyle Crane who is sent to infiltrate a quarantine zone in a city called Harran. Dying Light features an enemy-infested, open-world city with a day and night cycle, and climbable structures that support a fluid parkour system. The day-night cycle changes the game drastically, as the zombies become more aggressive and more difficult to deal with during night time.
5. The Forest is a survival video game that was developed and published by Endnight Games. The game takes place on a heavily forested peninsula after the characters survived a plane crash. Eric Leblanc and his son, Timmy, are the survivors and the characters the player will be using to survive the game. The Forest features nonlinear gameplay in an open world environment played from a first-person perspective with no set missions or quests, empowering the player to make their own decisions for survival.