There’s A New Boy Band In Town?
by Brenda Palacios
On June 22, 2017, on ABC, a new TV show was aired called Boy Band. This new show is a music competition that sees thousands of talented singers to audition for a future boy band. Five boys from the show will win a contract with Hollywood Records. Each episode features a different theme which range from girl power to blast from the past songs and more. The architects, which is what the show call their judges move contestants around in order to figure out which boys have the best combination of voices. Each group performs and receives critiques from the architects resulting in two boys being put up for elimination and one boy being saved by the viewers’ votes.
On August 24, 2017, the top five were revealed:
1. Michael Conor, a 19 year old rapping-violinist from Ohio.
2. Sergio Calderon, a 16 year old Spanish singer rom Redwood City, CA.
3. Chance Perez, a 19 year old father of a two year old, from Seal Beach, CA.
4. Drew Ramos, a 19 year old from the Bronx, NY who used to sing on subway platforms.
5. Brady Tutton, a 15 year old from Wisconsin, who is a trained opera singer and actor.
The new band is called “In Real Life”, and their new debut single is “Eyes Closed.” This song has already hit Top 10 on the iTunes charts and has reached more than a million streams on Spotify. “I couldn’t believe how fast they are growing, from performing in a studio every Thursday which I was gratefully apart of, to even going to the VMA’s! Everyone should listen to their new song because it sends a great message,” said Lidia Salinas, a senior. Are you ready for a new boy band? Then follow their journey on social media at @InRealLife.