The Most Dangerous Game: Elevator to Another World
By Albert Cardenas
Elisa Lam, a Chinese Canadian student visiting LA, mysteriously disappeared in January of 2013. She was staying at the Cecil Hotel in Downtown Los Angeles and the last place she was seen was in an elevator of the hotel she was staying at. This was captured through video surveillance and from what can be seen from the video feed is that Elisa looks overly concerned about her surrounding as she creeps her head out from the elevator to check all hallways leading outside of the elevator and crouching at the corner of the elevator. Was it murder? Was it a suicide? Or could it have been something far more complicated for us to comprehend? We’ll never know for sure. The hotel itself does have a history of paranormal activity and there are many reports of strange occurrences from the guests staying there. With that said, this brings us to a haunting theory of the incident.
There is speculation going around the internet that the disappearance of Elisa Lam was the result of playing the “Elevator game”. What is the elevator game? Essentially, this is a game from Korea, a ritual if you will. By performing this ritual you are supposed to get to “a different world.” According to people that have successfully completed the game, it looks the same as the town/ building that you are from, but all the lights are off and you can only see a red cross in the distance. There are no other living things there except yourself. Some say electronics like phones, cameras, etc. don’t work, while some say they do. Also, some say that getting back to the real world is harder for some reason.
Are you scared? Or nah? Do you dare to try it out? Here are the steps:
*DISCLAIMER*: It is highly recommended NOT TO “PLAY” THEM, because you just don’t “play” with the unknown. If you do choose to ignore this advice, do so at your own risk.
You must be in a 10+ story building and in the elevator alone. If someone is in the elevator with you, it won’t work.
1. Get on the elevator on the 1st floor.
2. Press 4 and when you reach the 4th floor, don’t get out and press 2.
3. When you reach 2nd floor, press 6.
4. When you reach 6th floor, press 2.
5. When you reach 2nd floor, press 10.
6. When you reach 10th floor, press 5.
7. When you reach the 5th floor, a girl will come in. That woman is not human. Don’t talk or look at the girl. If you do, she’ll take you away. I repeat, DO NOT TALK TO HER EVER.
8. Press 1, and if the elevator instead starts going up to the 10th floor, then you have succeeded. You will have reached another world where there is no one except you.
9. If you get off at the 10th floor, the girl will ask, “Where are you going?” But don’t answer.
How to return:
1. If the woman doesn’t get on AND if you don’t get off at the 10th floor.
2. If you don’t get off at the 10th floor, then press 1. If it doesn’t press, keep on pressing until it works.
To return after you get off:
1. You must use the same elevator to go back.
2. Do the 4-2-6-2-10-5 combo again.
3. After you reach the 5th floor, press 1.
4. As you’re going up the 10th floor, press some other number to cancel.
5. After you reach the 1st floor, check your surroundings.