Name: Hillary Clinton
Slogan: Hillary for America
History: Head the Task Force on National Health Reform (1993). Clinton became the first wife of a president to seek and win public office and the first woman to be elected to the U.S. Senate from New York. She easily won reelection in November 2006. Was nominated and accepted as secretary of state in January 2009. She is known for changing her stances on various hot button issues such as gay marriage (she now supports it) and trade deals (e.g. she is now against the Trans Pacific Partnership). In regard to the environment, Clinton has a plan to combat climate change but has been questioned by environmental activists for supporting fracking.
· Immigration: Hillary plans to enact comprehensive immigration reform to create a pathway to citizenship, keep families together, and enable millions of workers to come out of the shadows.
· Healthcare: Defend the Affordable Care Act, and protect women’s access to reproductive health care, including contraception and safe, legal abortion.
· Economy: Give working families a raise, and tax relief. Create good-paying jobs and get pay rising by investing in infrastructure, clean energy, and scientific and medical research to strengthen our economy and growth. Close corporate tax loopholes and make the most fortunate pay their fair share.
· Education: Ensure no student has to borrow to pay for tuition, books, or fees to attend a four-year public college in their state. Hold colleges and universities accountable for controlling costs and making tuition affordable.
· Guns: Strengthen background checks and close dangerous loopholes in the current system.
· Environment: Set national goals to have 500 million solar panels installed; generate enough renewable energy to power every home in America; cut energy waste in homes, schools, and hospitals by a third; and reduce American oil consumption by a third.
· Foreign Policy: Defeat ISIS and global terrorism and the ideologies that drive it. Strengthen our alliances and nurture new relationships to tackle shared challenges such as climate change, cyber threats, and highly contagious diseases.