Weird Excuses for Being Late
By: Jessica Parad
Twenty percent of workers are late to work at least once a week. Twenty-four percent of workers use the excuse of lack of sleep and ten percent claim that they are late because of their children. South Gate’s very own Mr. Shearer has this to say about being late “If you’re early, you’re on time. If you’re on time, you’re late. And if you’re late, it is unforgivable”.
If you’re someone who constantly gets caught in a tardy sweep, here is a list of excuses that you can use for being late:
1. My heater was shut off so I had to keep my pet snake warm.
2. My cat is very lonely and stressed out; if I don’t spend enough quality time with him, he’ll keep peeing on the furniture!
3. My dog died and I had to take him to the vet to get cremated.
4. The line was too long at Starbucks.
5. I had a severe allergic reaction to 8:00 a.m.
6. Four out of five of my doctors recommended eight hours of sleep at night. My friends recommended at least six hours of “Call of Duty” at night. You do the math.
7. I saw a firetruck as I was coming to school and went home to make sure my house wasn’t on fire.
8. I was losing my mind this morning. It took me half an hour to find it.
9. I have a bit of a slight problem. I got the end of a Q-tip stuck in my ear and I had to go the E.R.
10. Constipation has made me a walking time bomb.
The Muse: 16 Fun Excuses for Being Late to Work